“ The important thing is not to stop questioning.
Curiosity has its own reason for existing.”
What do we need to know? Before designing, you need to ask some important questions about who will use the play equipment. Establish clear objectives upfront, to ensure the best decisions later on in the process. Here are some questions to consider:
1. How many children/people will the playground need to serve at one time?
2. What age ranges will your playspace serve: preschoolers, school-age, teens, adults, older adults or all of the above?
3. Do you want to create a community gathering place where all ages and abilities have a way to play?
4. Will multiple generations play together?
5. Are there people with special needs to consider?
6. Who is expected to supervise the children?
7. Does your project have special meaning (i.e. a memorial park, a community morale booster)?
8. Do you want a traditional playground or one with the latest technology?
9. Are there specific pieces of equipment you want to include?
Leave A Comment